Family First Prevention Services Act
The Family First Prevention Services Act of 2018 was signed into law in February 2018 (P.L. 115-123). This law provides opportunities for states and tribes to better serve children and families by preventing the need for foster care and supporting better outcomes for children in care. Explore these resources to learn more.
This collaborative site is a resource database compiled by partner organizations, including Casey Family Programs, and administered by FosterClub.
Casey Family Programs resources
Questions from the field
These Casey Family Programs publications provide information about relevant practices, approaches and research that are related to issues addressed by the Family First Prevention Services Act.
Additional Casey Family Programs resources
- On the Pathway of Hope, 2019 signature report
- Moving Hope Forward, 2018 signature report
- The Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act
- Moving Hope Forward: A briefing on the Family First Prevention Services Act
- Dr. William C. Bell statement on the Family First Prevention Services Act
- Dr. William C. Bell testifies on importance of fathers, Family First
- State-by-state data